Sunday 8 March 2015

Acorns and chestnuts



Seeing from the heart of a child
opens old minds to the infinite wild
nature's unfurling destiny
from a cradle of domesticity


There was a spark of recognition as a character revealed itself to me within the creases of the clay.  Something of the spirit of my grandmother felt present. Sweet in nature, forever youthful, singing somewhere over the rainbow.


She sits in her oak rocking chair on my bedside table under the canopy of my Merfolk lampshade.



A burgeoning prayer for peace from a seed held within nut, within husk, within my hand, made by my hand.
 





























6 comments:

  1. It is such a joy to see your art! These are gorgeous and rich with spirit. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Tammie. Your work, in whatever medium you use, is glorious and always a pleasure to behold :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pieces you have created, they hold such mystery and magic, they remind me of my childhood and days spent wandering in the woods, my imagination filled thoughts of forest folk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing

    doctor strange (2016)

    ReplyDelete